- Our Return Policy
- The Benchmark Advantage
- Product Reviews
All-Inclusive Magnetic Locator With Simple, One-Handed Operation Plus Digital Metrics
The ML-1M is one of SSI's longest-enduring and industry-leading products for magnetic detection. Whether you're seeking corner markers (iron or steel), well casing, steel drums or septic tank handles, this is the go-to magnetic locator for you. The ML series offers simple one-handed operation with an easy-to-learn keypad featuring only three buttons - no menus or cumbersome instructions to follow. The audio unit has the volume built into the on/off key; just hold down the key while cycles through the settings. The ML-1M features strong monotube construction, providing structural integrity you can count on.
In addition to the features of the original ML-1, the ML-1M is metered, offering you added features without added complexity. The digital meter provides for visual signal strength, polarity indication, gain setting plus battery life display. These versions are engineered to operate identically with the same controls.
- Easy and simple one-hand operation; built-in handle
- Easy to learn; 3 keypad switches: on/off and volume, sensitivity up and down
- Volume built into the on/off key; just hold down the key while it cycles through the settings
- Electronic keypad with tactile switches. A real speaker is in the front panel, providing outstanding volume
- Microprocessor remembers the volume and gain settings from the last time the unit was on
- Non-metered (ML-1) and metered(ML-1M) versions are designed to look, feel and operate the same
- Over 5,000 ML-1M units in Afghanistan used for detection of improved explosive devices (IEDs) and unexploded ordnance (UXOs)
- ML-1M version with LCD shows positive or negative polarity and signal strength. Detect edges of covers, pipe joints
- ML-1M adds features without complexity. No learning curve between units
- Strong aluminum monotube construction from the tip through the end of the handle and ABS injection-molded electronics case (3 1/4" tapered to 2 1/2"-wide x 4 1/2" tapers to 2 1/2"-deep) provide the best structural integrity in a hand-held locator
- Lightweight; only about two pounds including batteries
- Uses 2 regular alkaline 9-volt batteries, parallel; included
- Soft pack carrying case included (optional hard case available)
- Battery compartment separated from electronic components and circuit board. No exposing electronics to replace the batteries
- Made in the USA - Built and serviced entirely in Wisconsin
- Overal Length: 38.75 in (98.4 cm)
- Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 kg) including batteries
- Input Power: Two (2) standard 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: 40 hours average
- Warranty: 7 years
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days of the shipment date for a full refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return or exchange, the item must be in the same condition as when you received it. It must also be in its original packaging with all original tags and labels attached.
To initiate a return or exchange, please contact our customer service team within 30 days of the shipment date. They will provide you with instructions on how to return the item. Please note that shipping charges are non-refundable, and customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping. However, if the item is defective, than we will cover the cost of shipping. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment within 5-7 business days of receiving the returned item.
All returns are subject to a 20% Restocking Fee.
- Every product comes with Benchmark's lifetime support. If your confused on something, we have experts on staff ready to help with post-sale support.
- Certified Repair Center with quick turnaround on warranty repairs.
- We ship from 6 different locations to ensure quick delivery
- Pickup at any of our local stores
- Available to answer questions or take orders by phone at 866-342-7665 (8am-5pm, M-F)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.