Magnetic Locator Offers Durable One-Handed Operation That's 100% Waterproof
The ML-3 is a much-anticipated and welcome addition to the ML family of magnetic locators from SSI. ML-3 magnetic locators represent the best in innovation at work for the water/sewer industry, surveying industry and military. The ML-3 short is 40" to meet surveyors' personal preference, providing an ergonomic, lightweight, rugged, one-handed operation option to traditional magnetic locators. The ML-3 offers unparalleled durability, as all components are housed inside the aircraft-grade aluminum monotube units. The ML-3S is the only magnetic locator in the world that is 100% waterproof, IP68 certified up to 250 feet - a first for the industry - so it can be used in difficult weather and submerged under water. Its auto-zero feature allows the user to "cancel" ambient magnetics or magnetic gradient in the soil or water. Its digitally tuned, so it offers unparalleled accuracy in detecting ferromagnetic objects.
- Detection of buried ferrous metal objects at depths up to 8 feet or more
- Varying pitch audio signal mode using a moving coil speaker for enhanced audio output
- IP68 Certified, waterproof and complete protection against sand, dust, and dirt
- Waterproof sensor tube pressure tested to water depths of up to 250 feet
- Easy-to-use, one-handed operation with four-button keypad:
- On/Off buttons: Turns unit on or off
- Zero Button: Automatically calibrates unit to ambient magnetic conditions
- Gain Up Button: Increases the locating sensitivity of the unit
- Gain Down Button: Decreases the locating sensitivity of the unit
- Rugged construction for field conditions
- Low battery indication with flashing LCD
- Includes soft case with carrying straps and inside pocket for batteries and manual; Optional aluminum hard case available
- Underwater search and detection of Submerged vehicles UXOs and mines Salvageable wrecks Pipes and cables
- Made in the USA - Built and serviced entirely in Wisconsin
- Overall Length: 40 in (101.6 cm)
- Weight: 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Input Power: Three (3) standard 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: 40 Hours
- Frequency: 16.5 kHz
- Audio: Speaker pitch increases in frequency proportional to gradient field intensity
- Visual: LCD display with a bar graph indicating polarity and relative strength of the signal. Provides low battery indication
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 140°F (-25° to 60°C)
- Ingress Protection: IP68 Certified up to 250 feet
- Exterior Sensor Tube: Aircraft grade aluminum
- Warranty: 7 years
The Benchmark Advantage
- Available to answer questions or take orders by phone at 866-342-7665 (8am-5pm, M-F)
- We ship from 6 different locations to ensure quick delivery.
- Calibrations are guaranteed within first 90 days or they are free.
- Certified Repair Center with quick turnaround on warranty repairs.
- Expert trained staff with post-sale support.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.